About State Enterprise „International Airport Mărculeşti” (IAM)
- IAM was founded on basis of Parliamentary Decision of the Republic of Moldova no. 6678-VI from 23.11.2001, of the Government no. 444 on April 11, 2002 and the Order of Minister of Defense no. 18 , January 29, 2004.
- IAM develops its activity on the territory of ex military aerodrome Marculesti, where the staff represents more than 90% of ex pilots, engineers and technicians of air force base, the high qualified specialists that had received international licenses after training courses.
- IAM owns Certificates of Aerian Operator and Airport Operator.
- IAM has the followings:
- Airplanes and helicopters
- Run way (2 500 m X 40 m), that has been repaired in 1986 and 2005 and that can ensure landing and take-off of different airships, inclusively An-124 „Ruslan”, C-17 „Globmaster”.
- Taxistrip (2 500 m X 14 m); 4 exits to run way with latitude of 14 m;
- Parking platform for airships with surface of 24 000 m;
- Control tower of the flights, airport office, hotel, check-point, auxiliary buildings
- Maintenance depot for airships, laboratories and workshops for adjusting and technical maintenance, autopark for special cars, technical and special equipment
- Complex of fuel tank
- Hangars with total surface of 7680 m² and of volume 36 172 m³
- Branch line (240 m)
- Electricity, water, gas, communications
The enterprise gained a rich experience activating on international aerian transportation, especially on U.N.O. humanitarian programs.